QR SpeciAl Edition
AUDIOVECTOR QR SPECIAL EDITION: introducing a new standard in sound
Audiovector’s brand new QR SPECIAL EDITION series has arrived. Representing a significant upgrade of the entire, highly acclaimed originals, the QR SPECIAL EDITION sounds even more open, even more dynamic, even more detailed – and even more musically satisfying.
Meet the next generation of advanced sound
The QR SPECIAL EDITION is the result of continuous innovation that aims to bring listeners closer to the soul of the original music…and to make listeners really feel the music.
You’ll notice the improvements from the very first note
- New in-house designed capacitors result in a cleaner treble and improved detailing.
- Improved heat dissipation via metal housed resistors delivers even more stable high-power precision.
- Cryogenically treated internal wiring improves dynamics and detailing.
- Strategically positioned Nano Pore dampening material enhances midrange openness.
- Bass reflex optimization increases precision.
- Stainless steel high-end spikes with knurled nuts allows easier micro adjustment.
Audiovector QR drive units: Leaving convention behind
Rather than buying off-the-shelf drive units, even from the most respected manufacturers, we prefer to develop our own. This allows us to co-engineer drive units in sync with our crossover designs.
Low-hysteresis coil technology. Large powerful magnets. Rigid turbulence-suppressing baskets and sandwich membranes, crafted from two layers of aluminum bonded together with a light foamy glue. We combine all three to achieve a far richer, clearer, and more vibrant sound compared to conventional technology.
QR Air Motion transformer treble drivers: The fastest available
AMT drivers are the fastest treble drivers available. Based on the revolutionary technology invented by Dr. Oscar Heil in the 1960s, they have zero mass to accelerate or decelerate, reaching over 40.000 Hz with optimal dispersion in both the horizontal and vertical planes. The upper limit, meanwhile, is as high as 102 kHz.
The tweeters’ lightweight precision mylar-membrane resemble the bellows of a harmonica – only smaller, lighter, and way faster.
The gold-plated grid in front of the membrane reduces unwanted sibilants while improving dispersion and integration with the midrange driver.
Enclosures with rounded corners: High strength, low resonance
Our enclosures are produced from high density hardwood HDF, generously braced for high internal loss to deliver the perfect combination of high strength and low resonance.
Bass reflex port: Deep and detailed
The internal damping of our Q-port is higher than on conventional ports to offer a more precise, deep, and detailed bass performance.
Bass reflex optimization: Punch with precision
We have carefully realigned the bass reflex systems to deliver more punch without losing precision.
3D soundstage: Be there
Our goal has always been a superb 3D soundstage that precisely positions the musicians. The AMT, Pure Piston drivers, and precisely specified crossovers all help to make this a reality.
Minimum distortion: Ultimate precision
The concept of Dynamic Feed Forward reduces the losses in our crossover by up to 50%. And our proprietary Audiovector double-cryogenically treated capacitors and high precision components (<0.8% tolerance), combined with in-house drive units, allow us to use a minimum number of components to achieve a high precision linear phase roll-off profile on all drivers. This improves dynamics, decreases loss, and reduces heat build-up.
In-house designed capacitors: A sweeter tweeter
Our new highly specialized double cryogenic polypropylene tin flash copper capacitors, are the result of constantly listening, measuring, and improving. They provide our AMT tweeters with the best possible conditions for sounding even sweeter, more detailed, and more open.
Design enhancements: Discreet style
The new models all feature subtle, elegant, yet highly recognizable gold brass badges on the front panels and cloth grills.
The Audiovector mission
- To optimize the pleasure of ownership and the thrill of listening.
- To innovate high-level technologies in the service of music. We only introduce a new material or technology if it allows us to optimize sound quality and listening pleasure.
- To carefully handcraft every single product in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- To maintain a ´form follows function´ design philosophy of timeless, elegant design and a sublime sound.
- To actively promote environmental conservation by creating the highest quality products that endure over time.